Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It was She


                  She came to class that day. It was not a special day, but I was observing her that day. I didn’t know the reason why I was observing. She looked cute to me that day. Her innocence caught me. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I was trying to concentrate on the lecture but it was not happening.

She used to be with a group of friends and I was not knowing anyone of them. They seemed to be preserved class people to me. She joined the list of people whom I used to watch in class. But she seemed to be different for me.

As days went on I felt like talking with her. But as always It was a dream for me. I used to think of different situations where I can talk with her. I used to prepare dialogues on how to talk. But all went in vein as we know “Situations happen can’t be created”.

To fulfill my wish I think GOD finally created a situation in the form of a Competition. Although I was not talking with many of the localities friends, somehow I got a chance to participate in that. Now I thought at least I can talk now. I don’t know why I felt like talking with her. I don’t know whether it was attraction or love that made me think like that. But there was no particular reason that made me to think like that. It was heart that was responding not the mind.

“Hey Maggi, He is Kishore” said Anant (He was one in their group).
“Kishore, She is Maggi alias Megha” said Ananth with a twinkling smile. She gave a decent smile as did I. There was nothing to talk all were new people, I waited for sometime and left that place saying I have work although there was nothing. I went to hostel and started analyzing about her behavior like how she may be? Will she talk with me? Will I be able to be a friend of her? Etc..So I started waiting for the next chance to talk with her.

As everyone does from next day we started sharing smiles. I used to sit at last bench as she does. Daily when she used come to class I used to give a smile to her. Whenever I used to get bored I used to watch her that used to make me feel pleasant. She was not like the other gals who used to show attitude when boys look at them or talk with them. She was talkative. She used to mingle with everyone. She had a knack to attract people with her talks.

That was Saturday and everyone was in hurry to go home. She was waiting for her friend in class.
 I went to her and asked “What You still doing here?”
She said “I am waiting for Deepa, She is in lab”.
I smiled thinking at last I got some time to spend with her alone.
Then I asked “How are classes going ?  You like the lecturers? Do you understand? ”etc..
She was just staring at me as if why the hell he is asking so many questions!!.
But it was my imagination, She replied nicely to all of them. She said she doesn’t like class and all. She just comes for attendance. The chat went on and Deepa came by the time and she left saying bye with a smile. I was so happy that the whole day I was recollecting that conversation.

Then the day came where we had to book tickets to go to Bangalore for the competition. All were eager to go there and enjoy the time with friends. I too have joined their group by that time although I dint like that grouping. Me and Ramesh were the new people who joined their group. So they were asking about us, where we studied, what’s our native etc.. I was not interested in all these. I was waiting to get her number. By luck everyone started sharing their numbers with us so that there should not be any problem when we go somewhere in Bangalore.


We all went to the station a day before the competition. All girls had brought food as it was a day journey. We all were in the same compartment discussing about the events. I forgot to mention about the main part. I was participating in singing and She was in dancing with her friends.

It was afternoon, we had food and all forced me to sing a song. I still remember the song which I sang, “Hamko Tumse Pyaar Hua Pehli Bar Hua…”. I sang looking at her, but no one dint notice that. She liked it a lot and gave compliment saying “You will surely Win!!” . I was in cloud nine, as if I have won the competition.

Competition started the next day. Most of event were going simultaneously . My singing was at 12 PM and her dance event was scheduled at 12.30PM.
So I was praying god “GOD Please make me see her dance.”
Luck was with me and I was the first participant. I started singing the same song which I sang in train remembering her. As I was looking at the audience and judges, I was shocked to see her waving her hand saying all the best from backside. It gave me more strength and I sang very well.

Then I went to auditorium, the place where the dance event had to happen. She was ready and was standing near the stage waiting for their turn.
I went near her and said “I know you people will do well, there is no need to wish good luck” She smiled. I came to the auditorium. The group was good and she danced gracefully.

All events got over by evening and they announced the result. I got second prize, I was expecting her group to get a prize. She was excited. But unfortunately they dint won any. She felt really sad. All were sad about the decision.

We all had nice dinner and reached the station to leave the city. All were tired and everyone slept as soon as they entered the train.

We reached Belgaum in the morning at 7. Everyone had planned not to come to college, So all went to their home. I and Ramesh also dint go to college that day. We slept till evening in hostel.

At 5 PM, I was just waking up and got a message.
It was She!! I checked twice to see whether I was dreaming. But It was her only.
I curiously opened the message. She had just sent a question “Did we dance well yesterday?”

“She is Sad Dude!! So she is asking like that!!” My mind said.
Now its time to console as all boys do!!. I was not apart from that.
How to start with was a problem so that I should not make her more sad. It was my first try though.
I replied “You people rocked the stage yesterday, all were saying Once More !! Once More!!. I think there should have been some politics because of that you people dint get any prize. It happens everywhere. You won audience’s heart. That is more than enough.”

I thought the reply was too much and what she might think!!
My eyes were on phone waiting for her reply…


I waited for hours, but there was no reply. I was in dilemma whether she dint like my reply or she did. I was expecting a “Thanks” from her. I felt bit sad about her behavior. So I slept with a bad mood.

“Trin Trin !! Trin Trin!!” alarm rang. I thought it was she calling me asking for sorry!!
But there was a message from her saying “Sorry, I couldn’t reply!!”
I just ignored that message without replying anything.
That discussion was almost over and we never discussed about that matter again.

Days passed and we became good friends, I was helping her in studies. I used to teach her almost all subjects. I don’t know whether she was weak in studies or was acting like that to spend time with me. I was feeling happy whenever I was with her. I think she also was feeling the same.

There was nothing like calling and messaging all the time. There was a good understanding between us.

Now fight started. Mind Vs Heart.
Mind used to say “She is nice man, propose her, she will surely accept”.
Heart used to say “My friend its about your life, before taking any decision think twice. Don’t be hurry!!”
I was totally confused. Questions started wandering in the ground of mind. “Does she like me?” “Will she accept me if I propose her?”  “Does she have any feeling for me?”

To give some boost to my courage Valentine’s Day was nearing. I made my mind to write a letter to her. Here is the letter which I gave to her on Valentine’s day. It is bit poetic.

Hello Dear,

My heart was a barren land before you came in my life. It was waiting for rain of love. You came like rain and made my land(heart) fertile. I planted the plant of love with trust. It needs last drops of water to flourish. So I am waiting for those last drops from you in the form of acceptance. It is up to you to make the plant grow healthily or to uproot it.

This is not an exaggeration. Whatever my heart said I have just written.  I am waiting for your reply.

Looking for you
Kushal


It was afternoon and I was near canteen. “Kushal can you come here!!” She called me. I was exited and felt bit shy to go near her. While I was going near to her someone hit me at my back!!.

I suddenly woke up and it was my mom. “Kushal get up, its already late for college!!”
I was still in that dream thinking how nice it would be if that was REAL!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment